Silk care instructionsCorrect care will insure that you silk products will last for years without losing their quality.
A few important rules need to be observed as silk is a natural fiber and cannot be treated as debonair as e.g. synthetic fiber.
Please pay special attention to the following instructions:
- Never spray silk with perfume or deodorant
- Never bleach silk
- Never expose silk to direct sunlight for longer periods of time
- Don't spray silk with water while ironing
- Don't treat individual stains with water
- Always iron the backside only
- Never wring dry
In contrast to the widespread opinion that silk can only be dry cleaned, silk products can be washed by hand without being damaged.
- 1. Use a mild soap or specially formulated silk shampoos
- Soak silk in luke warm water for 3-5 minutes.
(If silk is dark or printed, do not let it soak. Just quickly wash it in cold water.)
- Gently move the fabric during soaking from side to side. (Do not wring dry!)
Handle wet silk with even greater care as it is very delicate.
- After a maximum of 5 minutes remove silk from water and rinse the fabric with cold water adding a tea spoon of vinegar to completely rid it of the soap.
- Wrap silk in a dry towel to remove the remaining liquid. Use several layers when using dark or printed silk.
- Roll out the silk and straighten it gently at the corners
- Iron it.
Silk should always be ironed from the backside.
It should always still be slightly moist. Check your iron's setting!
Don't iron silk too hot!
Always remember that silk is a protein structure much like human hair. Heat will damage it.
© 2017 silkfabric.info